Saturday, August 2, 2008

Birthday Parties, Business Trips, and a 1/2 broken camera!

I think the past few weeks I have been on a camera strike. I have found myself not wanting to take pictures, and also not bring the camera to events that I normally would. I don't know why I have been doing this but I have. It might have something to do with the fact that while we were camping I dropped the camera while we were on a hike. It hit the ground pretty hard, and while it still works, it has to be babied. The lens cover is also now missing and the zoom is sketchy at best. I feel so bad about doing this, and I know that we need a new camera, but I really don't want to spend the money on one, we just got the one we have about a year ago. I'm getting all upset again just thinking about it.

On to a happier note, we have been having lots of fun the last few weeks. Luke took a business trip to California and I was left with all three kids for a few days. The time seamed to pass quickly, but I'm very glad to have him home. On the 25th we had a night out with some friends from our care group to celebrate Brian turning 40! If you have never done a Friday night at Greek Cusina and live in the Portland area I would highly recommend it. Then on Thursday Luke, Isaac, and I took in a Portland Beavers Game with friends to celebrate Jason's(Luke's old roommate) birthday. We were in a suite that is at the same level as the baseball field, it was a very fun experience. Oh yea I almost forgot, the summer just wouldn't be complete without a trip to the Washington County Fair. I don't know if I'm getting old, or if the fair is changing, but it just doesn't seem to be the same as I remember it being when I was a kid. But our girls still had fun looking at all of the animals.

I have put up a few pictures, but like I said, I haven't been taking pictures.

No comments: