Monday, July 2, 2007

What do you get when you mix......

I'm going to start by saying I'm sorry if any of you readers out there are Rockstar fans. I tried the stuff for the first time today I think that it is one of the worst drinks on the market I don't know why any one would pay for the stuff. I guess that I should back up and tell the story of what happened on day 3 of our cross country trip.
After a wonderful night's rest, we started out and the weather was beautiful. There wasn't that much to look at, as far as scenery goes, but it was shaping up to be a nice drive. About 2 hours into our 9 hour day, Luke looks at me and says he would really like a Rockstar. Morgan then piped up that she would like to use the potty, so, after that comment, we pulled into the nearest gas station. About 10 minutes later, we were all settled. I was just about to back out of our parking space(it was my turn to drive for a bit), when Luke opened his Rockstar. Let me warn you, this is the beginning to the end. He looked at me and asked if I would you like to try some. I had never had Rockstar, but heard good things about it so I gave it a try. What the heck was I thinking? I suddenly had two well-known, yucky flavors in my mouth. What were they, you ask? Cherry Robitusin and Beer. Thats right, folks, mix the two of those together and you get a Rockstar. Well, I'm sure that the ingredients are different, but, I assure you, the taste is exactly the same. As I look over at Luke I'm sure I had a what did you just give me look on my face. He chuckles and asks, "What? You don't like it?" I responded with a quick no and told him what I thought it tasted like. He laughed, and said, "Well, I thinks its good."
Other than our Rockstar story our day went well. We reach Michigan tomorrow and our day should be short! Luke and I are feeling pretty good. I'm mean things are not perfect, but they are far form anything that I feel like I can complain about.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Cherry flavored anything, other than cherry pie, and beer...

I think I threw up a little in my mouth!!!

A plain rock probably would have tasted better.

Thanks for the warning :-)
K~