Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm the mother of an almost 5 year old!

It seems that every family has a "birthday" month. A month were birthdays, are a weekly occurrence, and you are sick of cake at the end of the month! February happens to be our family's "birthday" month we start of with Luke's on the 9th, my sister in law on the 10th, Morgans is on the 13th, Isaac's birthday is the 15th, and my dad's is the 21st. Then add Both parents anniversary's, and valentines day, and we are taped out on celebrations.

Yesterday I was looking at the calendar, totally skipped over Luke's birthday and went straight to the fact that Morgan will be 5 in 8 days and Isaac will be one in 10 days! I love every day with the kids, I just wish that I knew a way to slow time down. Truth is I can't slow time down, so I will enjoy every kiss, and every hug. I will celebrate Morgan's first day of kindergarten instead of being sad that she has grown up to quickly. When Isaac started to walk it was bitter sweet, I was so excited, his biggest cheerleaderer. After he went to bed that night I cried knowing that those first steps would be the last first steps. Then my all to smart husband started to laugh at me, saying just because we are moving out of the baby stage, doesn't mean we are done experiencing first with our kids. I love the baby stage, but I'm so excited to move on to the new stage of life at our house, a life of froward facing car seats, sleeping all night, spontaneity that actual feels spontaneous. It probably helps that family and friends are expecting new babies this summer and I will be able to get my baby fix.


Also in other big news Olivia is potty trained!


2 comments:

Marlin said...

Awesome hairdo on the boy!
Where can I get hawked like that?

Amy Guerino said...

Katie, I'm happy to say I don't have a month like the one you have described. All our birthdays are spaced out but Elizabeth's is too close to Thanksgiving and the holiday madness....so I don't do the big meal on Thanksgiving day. :)

It is delightful to find that you blog as well. I found you through Kim's blog.

I loved your facebook 25 things about you. I'm impressed at how you relish getting older to see that while you have to give up the youthful bloom season, you see maturity outweighs it. I was touched, challenged, and thanked the Lord in prayer for you and your involvement at Harvest with the Women's Ministry. That one extended conversation you and I had at an event remains special to me.

I'm stuck at home, sick...so I feel like I'm connecting a little with a few here in blogging land!