Monday, May 12, 2008

The Plumber is Comming

So for those of you who don't know our master bath looks like this at the moment. Luke has managed to put in new sub floor and a new ceiling scene I took this picture.

you are looking at were out shower used to be!

For those of you who know me, you know I don't like things to be messy. I can only function with so much out of place. When Luke started this project it was "supposed" to be a quick fix, but with all home repairs we soon discovered it needed a lot more work. Knowing myself I quickly decided that it would be best to take everything out of the master bedroom and turn the bonus room into our bedroom until the bathroom is finished. I know for a fact that the mess and disorder of the bathroom would cause me to lose sleep at night, if I had to sleep in my room. Not to mention that the wet floor boards really didn't smell that great. Okay so back to the reason for this posting, I talked to our plumber today and he is going to be able to finish up working on the bathroom Friday! Which means next week Luke can finally put dry wall up! Then the fun of getting to pick out a new bathroom starts! So hopeful we will soon be back to sleeping in our bedroom.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

ahhh... the joys of having our handyman husbands!! :) it is certainly cheaper and probably better quality (i don't know about luke but doug is a perfectionist).. but it can take longer than planned! we were out of our bedroom for a year! crazy, but the rewards are awesome! have fun decorating!

hope to see you thursday!
xo

Laura said...

really, it needs work?? Looks fabulous by the picture and in real life. You're just SO picky! :) No, I'm happy for you that this will be getting done sooner than later!