Monday, March 10, 2008

Olivia......

She is such a happy, child. She loves to laugh and she likes to make people laugh. She also has had the most medical problems of any of our children so far. Luke and I have taken Olivia to numerous doctors appointments, and at most of them she has needed antibiotics of some sort. In January she had her adenoids out, we thought we had seen the worst of Olivia's health issues, and that she would be on the mend. We were wrong, God wasn't done teaching us through Olivia. Friday we found out that Olivia has Reflux, a condition that if left untreated can cause long term kidney damage. The good news is, as of right now she doesn't have any kidney damage, and that there is a chance that she might out grow this problem. So for the next year she will have to be monitored, and take a daily antibiotic to keep infections at bay. At the end of the year she will be retested, we are praying that she will have outgrown this problem by then.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nice to see you today, Katie! Isaac is such a sweetie and you look GREAT!!

So sorry to hear about Olivia. Sounds like you guys are on the right track in the process. I will be praying for peace, wisdom, healing and strength!

Hope to see you again soon so I can hold that beautiful baby longer!

XO

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie...This is Trish Roth from Sunset. I stumbled upon your blog. My daughter and I had reflux. I had surgery to correct it when I was five and my daughter when she was 18 months. I would be glad to share our experience with you and I will pray that God will heal little Olivia and give her doctors wisdom in treating her.